Re: keyboard shortcut to switch windows

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg115177] Re: keyboard shortcut to switch windows
  • From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at math.umass.edu>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2011 03:58:37 -0500 (EST)

I don't recall whether this worked in Mathematica 7, but it does in
Mathematica 8, at least under Windows:  Ctrl + F6 cycles among open
notebook windows, including open Documentation Center windows.

And you don't have to experiment to find this out. In the Documentation
Center, search, e.g., for "shortcut key". One of the search results will
be "Keyboard Shortcut Listing". And you'll find that shortcut, and lots
of others, there, too.

Of course fingers always hovering above a keyboard can stand some
relief, and reaching for a mouse and just clicking in some other window
isn't that hard or time-consuming!

Murray Eisenberg                     murray at math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
Amherst, MA 01003-9305