Re: Mathematica 8 & reports / books

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg115322] Re: Mathematica 8 & reports / books
  • From: AES <siegman at stanford.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2011 04:12:17 -0500 (EST)

In article <ig3pl1$jhj$1 at smc.vnet.net>,
 Gary Owen <jloughlin at loughlinconsulting.com> wrote:

> > Per Erik R nnehttp://www.RQNNE.dk
> > Errare humanum est, sed in errore perseverare turpe
>
> The book comes with a CD containing an electronic verion of the book.

And in recommending Heikki's book, I simply meant to convey that he
seems to be a skilled mathematiker who's now in the third edition of his
book, and that he offers at least some description in the front matter
of the book as to _how_ he wrote the book, starting with Mathematica
notebooks and ending up with a very professional looking typeset book.

For more about the book, you might want to dig out a review of the 3rd
edition published the Mathematica® Journal:

   Review of Mathematica Navigator, 3rd Edition, by Heikki Ruskeepää

   [Elsevier Academic Press, 2009 ISBN 978-0-12-374164-6]

   Written by Robert M. Lurie

   Abstract:

   Mathematica Navigator: Mathematics, Statistics, and Graphics,
   3rd edition, is an important resource for all users of Mathematica,
   Version 6 or 7. This reviewer has found the book to be invaluable
   in using and understanding Mathematica and taking advantage
   of the many advances in the most recent versions of the program.