Re: Mathematica how to call and run hspice program which is a EDA software

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg115434] Re: Mathematica how to call and run hspice program which is a EDA software
  • From: hrh1818 <hrhan at att.net>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 00:33:34 -0500 (EST)

On Jan 9, 1:21 am, wch <weichanghe2... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, everyone, I want to call and run hspice program which is a EDA
> software in Mathematica, could you give me some help and proposal?
>
> Here is a example:
>
> If I have a hspice program with W and L as two variable, W and L have
> 50  different values. There
> is some methods what I can to do:
> 1.If I build 50 individual program with respective W and L, I have
> to run hspice  50 times in all,it is very tedious, troublesome and
> time-consuming ,so I want to
> know whether if batching 50 program.
>
> 2.We can consider perl as a excellent script language, using perl
> script to call hspice
> automatically is a very convenient thing, Unfortunately, I am very
> laborious bacause of
> flexibility of syntax of perl when I studying perl language. Therefore
> I just can take Mathematica into consideration.
>
> 3.There is a statement that Mathematica can do the same thing as
> perl.
>
> So my question is that Mathematica How to start hspice to batch
> simulate 50 sets of W and L?
>
>  Thank you for all the information in advance,I am wating for your
> coming.

I am not familiar with Hspice.  However, does Hspice have nested steps
like other versions of SPICE?  It would seem it will be a lot to
easier to do everything within Hspice.  Plus if you use a batch file
you will end up with 50 separated output files.  How will you compare
the output results from this many files?

If you are interested  I can point you to an example in another
version of SPICE where the author stepped the L and W parameters of
CMOS transistors.

Howard