Parallel functions in version 8

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg115530] Parallel functions in version 8
  • From: Armand Tamzarian <mike.honeychurch at gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 03:30:03 -0500 (EST)

Mac OS X 10.6.5, Version 8.

WRI tech support told me a few weeks back that in version 8 you don't
have to distribute definitions when using parallel functions. By the
way I didn't notice this in the documentation -- have any other users
seen any discussion about this anywhere? The thing is that when I load
a package that contains a function that uses ParallelMap the function
produces a stream of error messages unless I explicitly distribute
definitions.

Are other users finding that they need to use DistributeDefinitions in
8?

Mike