Re: Curl and Div problems

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg115501] Re: Curl and Div problems
  • From: "Kevin J. McCann" <Kevin.McCann at umbc.edu>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 03:24:27 -0500 (EST)

I also noticed this. It seems that Curl is defined in the basic
Mathematica commands; hence, the red indicates that you have defined the
function twice.

As far as your Div example goes, you haven't specified the variables
that Div is supposed to use for differentiation. Try this before the Div.

SetCoordinates[Cartesian[x,y,z]]

If you don't do this, Mathematica assumes the variables are {Xx,Yy,Zz}.

Kevin