minimax polynomial determination

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg115672] minimax polynomial determination
  • From: Leslaw Bieniasz <nbbienia at cyf-kr.edu.pl>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 05:48:21 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

I need to determine minimax polynomial approximations to a certain
function computed using MATHEMATICA. Unfortunately it is not possible
to calculate exact derivatives of the function. Is there any way to use
the MiniMaxApproximation[] algorithm with numerically approximated
derivatives? I would appreciate an example.

Leslaw