Re: Simple n-tuple problem - with no simple solution

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg115949] Re: Simple n-tuple problem - with no simple solution
  • From: DrMajorBob <btreat1 at austin.rr.com>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 03:39:59 -0500 (EST)

"Therefore, the time it takes to generate all possible states
is prohibitive for large n (n > 10) and searches through
such a voluminous state space is not feasible."

Not true. The number of distinct solutions never exceeds 627. Those
millions of others are only rearrangements.

Unless there's some reason the order matters? You haven't mentioned a
reason.

Bobby

DrMajorBob at yahoo.com