Re: Problems integrating InterpolatingFunction

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg116049] Re: Problems integrating InterpolatingFunction
  • From: Bob Hanlon <hanlonr at cox.net>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 03:32:35 -0500 (EST)

You must use NIntegrate

s = y /. NDSolve[{y'[x] == y[x] Cos[x + y[x]], y[0] == 1},
     y, {x, 0, 30}][[1]];

NIntegrate[1/s[x]^2, {x, 0, 30}]

10325.5

Bob Hanlon

---- Sergio Miguel Terrazas Porras <sterraza at uacj.mx> wrote:

Hello group,

I use NDSolve for a nonlinear differential equation, and I get an InterpolatingFunction, as expected.

I can plot it, evaluate it, etc.

The problem I have is that now I need to integrate 1/(the square of the InterpolatingFunction), and I get nothing but the input back.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Sergio Terrazas