some demonstrations no longer work right in version 8

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg116017] some demonstrations no longer work right in version 8
  • From: "Nasser M. Abbasi" <nma at 12000.org>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2011 05:27:06 -0500 (EST)

Since I hava installed V8, when I go to Wolfram
demonstration web page, and click on a dome to
download, I noticed now it opens directly inside the
web browser. Not sure how and why this happes, But
besides this, the problem is some demos that used
to work OK with V7, no longer work ok in V8.

Is anyone at WRI looking at this problem?

Since there is no process setup for someone to make
changes to the demo from outside once it is submitted
and put on Wolfram demo website, I am not sure who is
supposed to be fixing these things to make the demos work
OK in V8 and I hope also stay working ok in V7 player.

For example, I downloaded one of my demos, and when
I open it in V7, it works ok as it was before, But in V8, I
now get errors. (syntax error, etc.. when trying different options.
I assume may be due to API changes in  Mathematica functions
used by the demo?

There are number of other demos with such problems.

thanks
--Naser