MathGroup Archive 2011

[Date Index] [Thread Index] [Author Index]

Search the Archive

Re: Remote presentation clicker for mathematica slideshows.

• To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg119955] Re: Remote presentation clicker for mathematica slideshows.
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2011 04:50:04 -0400 (EDT)
  • References: <iug64a$9hu$1@smc.vnet.net> <201107010041.UAA24282@smc.vnet.net>

Thanks for the suggestion Yves,
I have the airmouse app. It works fine as a mouse.  But, I would need to turn and face the screen to move the mouse/sliders/graphics.  I think I would need to see the slideshow slide on my touchscreen device.

I'll experiment with a remote desktop app, if anyone is interested I'll report how useful it is for mathematica slideshow presentations.

W. Craig Carter
Professor of Materials Science, MIT

Sent from my generic portable device

On Jun 30, 2011, at 8:41 PM, Yves Klett <yves.klett at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Two things come to mind (though I have neither, nor any experience
> therewith):
>
> - the Logitech MX Air mouse
> - the Logitech Touchmouse app for iPhone/iPad
>
> Regards,
> Yves
>
> Am 29.06.2011 23:40, schrieb W. Craig Carter:
>> Hello,
>> For talks/presentations/lectures, I've been using mathematica as an improvement over conventional presentation software. At least, I believe it is an improvement.
>>
>> To utilize dynamic content, I can't roam away from my laptop. However, remote "clickers" allow presenters using conventional  software more freedom of movement and a more natural presentation style.
>>
>> Has anyone heard of an app which would allow me to pull sliders, rotate graphics, point and click with a tablet device or touch-screen phone?
>>
>> There are apps that turn such handheld devices into "clickers". But, interacting with a slide show mathematica presentation would need to do more.
>>
>> W. Craig Carter
>>
>>
>> Sent from my generic portable device
>>
>

• Prev by Date: Re: Trying to use ReplacePart
  • Next by Date: Re: Reading Data Table
  • Previous by thread: Re: Trying to use ReplacePart
  • Next by thread: Re: Reading Data Table