Re: newbie Map, Dynamic, etc

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg120418] Re: newbie Map, Dynamic, etc
  • From: Heike Gramberg <heike.gramberg at gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 21:08:09 -0400 (EDT)

Suppose plots is your list of imported images, then you could do something like

pts = Table[{0, 0}, {Length[plots]}]

Manipulate[LocatorPane[Dynamic[pts[[k]]], plots[[k]]],
 {{k, 1, "Index"}, Range[Length[plots]], ControlType -> Slider,
  Appearance -> "Labeled"}]

The k-th entry in pts will correspond to the coordinates of  the locator on the k-th
image. You can even see a live update of the coordinates  while you manipulate the
locators by doing something like

Dynamic[pts // TableForm]

Heike