Re: How Can I Eliminate Line Wrapping When Using the Row Function

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg120431] Re: How Can I Eliminate Line Wrapping When Using the Row Function
  • From: John Fultz <jfultz at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 19:45:03 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 21 Jul 2011 21:06:54 -0400 (EDT), Gregory Lypny wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> Sometimes when I use Row for four or five items, the result wraps over
> two lines.  How can I force the result to be displayed on one line?  I
> couldn't find an option for this in Documentation Centre.
>
> Gregory

This is the intended behavior of Row.  If you don't want word-wrapping,
then you probably want a single row Grid[].  So, instead of doing
Row[{items}], instead do Grid[{{items}}].

If Row is really doing everything else you want, then I suppose you
could also do...

ExpressionCell[Row[{items}], LineBreakWithin->False]

Sincerely,

John Fultz
jfultz at wolfram.com
User Interface Group