Re: Mathematica 8 remote parallel kernels

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg120590] Re: Mathematica 8 remote parallel kernels
  • From: "Oleksandr Rasputinov" <oleksandr_rasputinov at hmamail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2011 06:00:58 -0400 (EDT)

Perhaps you are exceeding your quota of kernel licences? (Particularly
likely on a shared server where others may or may not also be using some
of the available licences at any given time.) Another possibility, if you
are trying to launch a large number of parallel kernels, is that you are
running into some kind of limitation on the number of concurrent TCP/IP
connections.

Other than that, it is likely platform-dependent, but you do not mention
what platform you are using. Correctly setting up Windows
client-to-Windows server parallel kernel operation is slightly more
difficult than for the other platforms, for example.