In Version 8, Combinatorial&GraphTheory functions confuse me completely

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg120618] In Version 8, Combinatorial&GraphTheory functions confuse me completely
  • From: a boy <avvboy at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2011 07:26:04 -0400 (EDT)

1. Mathematica8 says Combinatorica Graph and Permutations
functionality has been superseded by preloaded functionaliy. But "
preloaded functionaliy" seems to be not completed yet. There are only
a few "preloaded functionaliy". At now, how to use Combinatorica &
GraphUtilities package?

<< Combinatorica`
Needs["GraphUtilities`"]
ModMatrix[n_, list_] :=
 Table[If[MemberQ[list, Mod[j - i, n]], 1, 0], {i, 1, n}, {j, 1, n}]
QuadraticModMatrix[n1_, list1_, n2_, list2_] :=
 ModMatrix[n1, list1] + ArrayPad[ModMatrix[n2, list2], {0, n1 - n2}]

General::compat: Combinatorica Graph and Permutations functionality
has been superseded by preloaded functionaliy. The package now being
loaded may conflict with this. Please see the Compatibility Guide for
details.

2. Both GraphPlot[g] and ShowGraph[g] doesn't work! How to plot these
Graphs as below?

In[71]:= n = 1;
While[n++ < 10,
  g = Graph[Table[i \[UndirectedEdge] Mod[i + 1, 2], {i, 20}]]
  ];