Listbox type progress display?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg119453] Listbox type progress display?
  • From: "McHale, Paul" <Paul.McHale at excelitas.com>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2011 06:21:41 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

I sometimes use a workbook as a program that should process start to finish.  CTRL-A, Shift-Enter.  What I would like to have is a single place to monitor for status.  In Windows I would use a ListBox().  This is a small, multi-line text window with scroll capability you can add text to at any time.  I.e.

ListBox.Add[myBox, "Starting Execution "]
ListBox.Add[myBox, "Main task finished "]
ListBox.Add[myBox, "All Tasks finished. "]

Anyone know how to accomplish the same functionality with a Notebook interface?  It can write anywhere.  It doesn't have to be a pop-up.

Thanks,
Paul

Paul McHale  |  Electrical Engineer, Energetics Systems  |  Excelitas Technologies Corp.

Phone:   +1 937.865.3004   |   Fax:  +1 937.865.5170   |   Mobile:   +1 937.371.2828
1100 Vanguard Blvd, Miamisburg, Ohio 45342-0312 USA
Paul.McHale at Excelitas.com<mailto:Paul.McHale at perkinelmer.com>
www.excelitas.com<http://www.excelitas.com>

[cid:image001.png at 01CB9136.E3D96D90]

This email message and any attachments are confidential and proprietary to Excelitas Technologies Corp. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, please inform the sender by replying to this email or sending a message to the sender and destroy the message and any attachments.
Thank you