Re: ContourPlot ColorFunction Question

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg119443] Re: ContourPlot ColorFunction Question
  • From: Bob Hanlon <hanlonr at cox.net>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2011 06:19:53 -0400 (EDT)

Plot[x /. Solve[x^2 + c == x, x],
 {c, -2, 2},
 Frame -> True,
 Axes -> False,
 PlotRange -> {-2, 2},
 AspectRatio -> 1,
 ColorFunction -> (If[#2 > 0, Red, Green] &),
 ColorFunctionScaling -> False]

Bob Hanlon

---- Jody Sorensen <jodo11 at yahoo.com> wrote:

Thanks for the suggestions.  It's an improvement, but it still doesn't do what I think it should be doing.  In this simple example:

Plot[x /. Solve[x^2 + c == x, x], {c, -3, 2}, Frame -> True,
 Axes -> False, PlotRange -> {-2, 2}, AspectRatio -> 1,
 ColorFunction -> (If[#2 > 0, Red, Green] &)]

the whole graph is drawn in red, whereas anything below the axis should be green.

Any ideas?

Jody Sorensen