Re: Curve Tracking and fetching Locator coordinates

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg119480] Re: Curve Tracking and fetching Locator coordinates
  • From: John Fultz <jfultz at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2011 07:05:34 -0400 (EDT)

pt is only accessible from within the DynamicModule, and it will only be updated
if you wrap it in Dynamic.  Here's a very simple extension of your example which
shows the value of pt at any given time:

DynamicModule[{pt = {1, 0}},
 Graphics[{Circle[], Locator[Dynamic[pt, (pt = Normalize[#]) &]]},
  PlotRange -> 2, PlotLabel -> Dynamic[pt]]]

I strongly encourage you to read the Introduction to Dynamic tutorial in the
documentation (type tutorial/IntroductionToDynamic in the search field) and work
through all of the examples.

Sincerely,

John Fultz
jfultz at wolfram.com