Re: Mapping points

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg119496] Re: Mapping points
  • From: Bob Hanlon <hanlonr at cox.net>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2011 06:45:08 -0400 (EDT)

cd[city_, prop_List] := CityData[city, #] & /@ prop

Module[{country = "UnitedStates"},
 Graphics[{
   LightGray,
   CountryData[country, "Polygon"],
   PointSize[Medium],
   Red,
   Tooltip[
      Point[Reverse[
        CityData[#, "Coordinates"]]],
      cd[#, {"Name", "Coordinates", "Population"}]] & /@
    Take[CityData[{Large, country}], 30]},
  Frame -> True,
  ImageSize -> 600]]

Bob Hanlon

---- Yako <yako at 11y11.com> wrote:

=============
Hello,

I been trying to look information on how to do this but couldn't find
a clue, if someone here can hint me I will really appreciate it.

Given a set of LAT, LON points I have to map them inside a white
graph. My en result will need to be a white graph full of dots in its
correspondent lat, lon location.

Can I achieve something like this using mathematica? Can someone hint
me in the right direction?

Thanks a lot!