Simple Plot3D

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg119631] Simple Plot3D
  • From: Themis Matsoukas <tmatsoukas at me.com>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 07:20:13 -0400 (EDT)

I want to draw a 3D spheroid that I can import and manipulate in illustrator. If I just save a 3d graph in Mathematica as eps, illustrator chokes ant takes several minutes to render it after each change. So I am looking for a bare-minimum graph that's white (no color or shading), shows the mesh lines, does not include the surface elements of the graph, and whose surface is opaque (i.e. the back of the object is not visible. I tried this

RevolutionPlot3D[{Sin[\[Phi]], 0.5 Cos[\[Phi]]}, {\[Phi], 0,
  2 Pi}, {\[Theta], 0, 2 Pi}, Boxed -> False, Axes -> False,
 PlotStyle -> None]

but PlotStyle -> None makes the wireframe visible in the back of the object.

Any ideas?

Thanks