Mathematica Version 8 Free Form and Wolfram Alpha

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg119884] Mathematica Version 8 Free Form and Wolfram Alpha
  • From: "Hobbs, Sylvia (DPH)" <sylvia.hobbs at state.ma.us>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 07:33:38 -0400 (EDT)

What a surprise! As I sit here drinking coffee, waiting for tomorrow's first day of NKS 2011Summer School, I have been exploring

the new functionality in Version 8. I thought of Star Trek and how the crew members would talk to the computer.

So, what the heck, I clicked  on the upper left-hand plus sign to choose how to enter input and then I clicked on Free-form input

and typed "Good morning." And the output was, of all things,

Hello, human.

Sylvia Hobbs

:)