Re: player pro and notebooks

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg116983] Re: player pro and notebooks
  • From: John Fultz <jfultz at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2011 05:44:34 -0500 (EST)

Let me correct a few misunderstandings popping up in this thread...

* There is no way at present to embed a notebook to make a .app.  The closest
thing you could do is to configure a notebook to auto-open when you double-click
Mathematica (or Player, or Player Pro).

* Player Pro allows you to interact with any notebook.  It's not necessary to
create a .nbp for use with Player Pro.

* Third-party distribution of Mathematica Player isn't allowed without talking
to Wolfram first.  Of course, nothing prevents you from suggesting people
download Mathematica Player from the Wolfram website.

While I'm talking about Player, I'll mention that a new, v8-based version of
Player (with bundled web browser plugin!) should be showing up on the Wolfram
website this week.  It's rebranded as the "Wolfram CDF Player".  Look for more
info on the website.

Sincerely,

John Fultz
jfultz at wolfram.com