Re: Prepending Data to a File

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg117000] Re: Prepending Data to a File
  • From: David Bailey <dave at removedbailey.co.uk>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2011 05:47:46 -0500 (EST)

On 06/03/2011 10:44, Gregory Lypny wrote:
> Hello David,
>
> Thanks for responding.  Appending would work fine as well.  How do I do that in Mathematica?

You open the file in Append mode:

strm=OpenAppend[file]

Then write to the stream, typically with Write or WriteString, then use
Close[strm] to make sure the file is closed properly.

Appending to files is MUCH easier to do than Prepending in any language!

David Bailey
http://www.dbaileyconsultancy.co.uk