Re: Mathplayer on tablet device

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg116997] Re: Mathplayer on tablet device
  • From: telefunkenvf14 <rgorka at gmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2011 05:47:14 -0500 (EST)

On Mar 4, 2:39 am, W Craig Carter <ccar... at mit.edu> wrote:
> Hello Mathgroup,
> There have been times when I wished that I could just read the
> documentation on my tablet device when not connected to the web (i.e.,
> my morning/evening commutes and other non-commuting operations).
>
> I imagine that many of the doc examples would be terribly slow using
> mathematica player; but, I'd be willing to pay a typical app fee for
> such a product---am I alone in my opinion?
>
> W Craig Carter
> Professor of Materials Science, MIT

(1) Last year a student of mine ran Matheamtica 7 on a linux netbook. What
kind of tablet device do you have?
(2) The print to pdf functionality seems much improved in version 8.
Couldn't you print the documentation to pdf page sizes formatted for
your tablet device? (I know there's a script floating around for
printing all the documentation --- does anyone recall the exact
post?)
(3) Suggestion (2) would kinda suck... no cross-links. Yet another
reason it would be neat if we could somehow dump the documentation
into a MediaWiki type of format.

-RG