Re: making something autoexecute before normal execution

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg117025] Re: making something autoexecute before normal execution
  • From: Josh Burkart <burkart at berkeley.edu>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2011 05:33:48 -0500 (EST)

In case anyone is interested, I went ahead and made an auto-backup package. once loaded, it will automatically backup all open notebooks at user-definable intervals. (but only when something is executed in the kernel... i.e., if the user sets the backup interval to five minutes, a notebook will be backed up not more than once every five minutes, but the backup procedure will not be called until something is executed in that notebook.)

this has worked very well for me so far, and is nice because it doesn't overwrite the actual notebook file (so if you make a mistake you don't risk losing everything).

here is a link:

http://astro.berkeley.edu/~burkart/code.html