Re: Mathematica Navigator in Documentation Center - high processor load

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg117044] Re: Mathematica Navigator in Documentation Center - high processor load
  • From: Bert RAM Aerts <bert.ram.aerts at gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2011 05:37:26 -0500 (EST)

On 7 mrt, 11:53, AES <sieg... at stanford.edu> wrote:
> In article <ikvoh5$f4... at smc.vnet.net>,
>  Bert RAM Aerts <bert.ram.ae... at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Maybe there are other workarounds?
>
> Heikki Ruskeepaa comes across in his book, its Preface, and so on, as a
> quite reasonable guy -- and I'm sure he'd like his excellent book to be
> as useful to Mathematica users as it deserves to be
>
> Seems like he'd be interested in pushing Wolfram Inc. to fix whatever
> the problem is that numerous posters are encountering.  Anyone been in
> contact directly with him about this?

I contacted Heikki Ruskeep=E4=E4 and he suggested to contact Wolfram
support.

Answer of Wolfram Support:

Thank you for the email. Mathematica Navigator book is not one of
Wolfram
products. So, we are not in a position to officially support it. If
you
Mathematica runs fine by itself and your CPU goes up on installation
of the
add on that came with the book I would encourage you to contact the
publishers of the book. We are very sorry that you are facing this
problem
but the publishers will be in a position to extend help.

I contacted the author again with this information and his reply is:

Thank you for forwarding the answer of Wolfram to me. So, they do not
know about the problem. They ask to contact the publisher but I am
afraid they cannot help. I also cannot help. Anyway, if I get some new
information about the problem, I will contact you.