what's new in 8.0.1?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg117070] what's new in 8.0.1?
  • From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at math.umass.edu>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2011 06:57:51 -0500 (EST)

I just downloaded & installed Mathematica 8.0.1 under my Premier Service
subscription.

The e-mail announcing availability of this upgrade states, "more than
500 improvements, including feature, stability, and performance
enhancements, as well as documentation updates."

Does anybody know exactly where one can find a list of what's changed
from 8.0.0 to 8.0.1?

(If you haven't yet received notification of the upgrade availability
but should get one, I think you just need to wait a bit: typically, WRI
rolls out new releases over a period, so as to avoid glacial downloads
from a torrent of download requests hitting their servers all at once.)

P.S. The installation process, including uninstalling 8.0.0 by the same
installer, went really quickly (under Windows XP) compared to what has
sometimes been the case in the past.

Murray Eisenberg                     murray at math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
Amherst, MA 01003-9305