Execute on notebook creation

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg117101] Execute on notebook creation
  • From: Achilleas Lazarides <achilleas.lazarides at gmx.com>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 06:06:05 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

I'd like to be able to have newly created notebooks have a specific set
of docked cells. That is, if I select File->New->Notebook, I would like
the resulting notebook to have those docked cells.

Currently, I have a palette with a set of buttons for tools I wrote and
use often, and one of them takes the current notebook and adds those
docked cells.

Is there some way of having this occur automatically? eg, is there a way
to execute a given piece of code on creating a new notebook (so I could
run SetOptions[SelectedNotebook[],DockedCells->{blah}] automatically
every time)?

Thanks in advance.