Re: Gotcha?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg117110] Re: Gotcha?
  • From: AES <siegman at stanford.edu>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 06:07:43 -0500 (EST)

In article <il7q71$dqq$1 at smc.vnet.net>,
 Armand Tamzarian <mike.honeychurch at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think someone was starting "gotcha" threads a few months ago. I
> installed 8.0.1 today and have found that Histograms with log scale x-
> axis are broken. Worked fine until I installed this new version today.
> Even the usage example in the documentation is broken -- which makes
> you wonder who checks these things before a release.

I used to post occasional notes on Mathematica "gotchas" and even
started building a collection of them on my HD -- given up on that,
better things to do.

Then someone else started posting descriptions of similar encounters
that he referred to as the "Daily Mathematica WTF!"; but haven't seen
any of those lately.

Looks like, whichever you'd like to call them, they still exist . . .