Re: Gotcha?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg117136] Re: Gotcha?
  • From: Armand Tamzarian <mike.honeychurch at gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 06:12:26 -0500 (EST)

On Mar 9, 11:01 pm, Armand Tamzarian <mike.honeychu... at gmail.com>
wrote:
> I think someone was starting "gotcha" threads a few months ago. I
> installed 8.0.1 today and have found that Histograms with log scale x-
> axis are broken. Worked fine until I installed this new version today.
> Even the usage example in the documentation is broken -- which makes
> you wonder who checks these things before a release.
>
> Histogram[sizes, "Log", "LogCount", Frame -> True]
>
> Mike

from tech support:

"The developers are already working on resolving this.   I will keep you
fully posted on any progress that the developers make.  We apologize for
the inconvenience."

So it wasn't broken in 8.0.0 but is now broken in 8.0.1 and we have to
wait until 8.0.2 to get this working again.

Every bug I have reported in the last few months would have been
detected in advance of the release if developers and then subsequently
QA people actually ran the documented usage examples.

Mike