Re: Learning maths with mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg117238] Re: Learning maths with mathematica
  • From: Dan <dflatin at rcn.com>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2011 05:10:06 -0500 (EST)

That sounds like a marvelous opportunity! While I don't have a
specific book recommendation, I have found that my pathway to learning
math has been mostly through physics. You may find this true for
yourself as well. I would suggest looking around for a good
introductory physics text that begins with a level of mathematics at
your comfort level. On the other hand, if you want to learn how to
solve mathematical problems with Mathematica, a very good starting
point, and a very fun mathematics book, is Stan Wagon's Mathematica in
Action. I suspect that you will find the math in there approachable.