Mathematica deleting saved notebooks upon crashes

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg117365] Mathematica deleting saved notebooks upon crashes
  • From: DmitryG <einschlag at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 06:27:49 -0500 (EST)

Hi All,

With all versions of Mathematica that I was using, I was losing saved
Mathematica Notebooks with recent changes if the system or Mathematica
crashed. What I found after a crash were some old versions of the
Notebooks. Now it happened again.

Anybody has an idea why it is happening? I thought files that had been
saved are secure but really I have also to save them with different
names so that Mathematica does not replace them by older versions when
it crashes. This is pretty frustrating.

Dmitry