mathematica fit data to inverse gamma distribution

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg117354] mathematica fit data to inverse gamma distribution
  • From: Alex <mammasis82 at hotmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 06:25:47 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

I am trying to obtain same figure that is provided in Mathematica's website related to fitting an inverse gamma to a dataset. Here is the code I enter:

data1 = RandomVariate[InverseGammaDistribution[0.5, 3], 10^4];
Show[
 Histogram[data1, {0, 20, 1}, "PDF"],
 Plot[PDF[
   TruncatedDistribution[{0, 20}, InverseGammaDistribution[0.5, 3]],
   x], {x, 0, 20}, PlotStyle -> Thick]]

and here is the error I receive:

Histogram::hspec: The height specification PDF is not one of the named height functions or a function that can be used to compute the heights for each bin. >>
Show::"gcomb" :  StyleBox[Could not combine the graphics objects in .....

I would appreciate anyone's help.

Regards

Alex