Changing default options of functions in a package when loading it

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg117395] Changing default options of functions in a package when loading it
  • From: heiko <heiko.damerau.news at web.de>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 06:31:46 -0500 (EST)

Hello,

    For a package containing functions with options, I'm looking for a
clever technique to set the default values of these options when
having an option to define a user name. Is there any possibility to
define a parameter like user name when loading the package such that
it is then automatically taken as default value for the options of the
functions inside the package? Is there any way to specify further
parameters when loading a package in Mathematica (like options are
optional parameters to functions), i.e. options of a package?

    Thanks in advance for any idea.

Best regards,
Heiko