Re: Wolfram, meet Stefan and Boltzmann

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg117410] Re: Wolfram, meet Stefan and Boltzmann
  • From: Heike Gramberg <heike.gramberg at gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 06:34:32 -0500 (EST)

I'm not sure if it's a hardware thing. On my 2 year old MacBook (2.4 GHz, 2GB memory)  it takes about 2.4 seconds directly after starting mathematica:

In[1]:= Timing[Integrate[x^3/(Exp[x] - 1), {x, 0, Infinity}]]

Out[1]= {2.42777, \[Pi]^4/15}

I'm running OS X 10.6.6 and Mathematica 8.0.1, by the way.

Heike.