InheritScope

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg117432] InheritScope
  • From: Armand Tamzarian <mike.honeychurch at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 06:01:13 -0500 (EST)

I thought I recalled the DynamicModule option InheritScope being
listed in the documentation in versions prior to 8.0.1. Can anyone
confirm that?

Today I wanted to use it and found that it wasn't listed in Usage
Examples and neither was it listed in More Information. On the other
hand Options[DynamicModule] lists InheritScope and it is also
discussed here: tutorial/AdvancedDynamicFunctionality.

I was able to do what I wanted to do with this option but I am just
curious about its absence from the DynamicModule documentation page.

While on this subject does anyone have a toy usage example of
DynamicModuleParent?

The documentation mentions its existence but a description is "beyond
the scope of this document." Unfortunately the documentation doesn't
provide any documents that have sufficient scope to include details
about DynamicModuleParent.

Mike