Re: Mathematica pegs core - Can anyone else reproduce?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg117452] Re: Mathematica pegs core - Can anyone else reproduce?
  • From: "Vivek J. Joshi" <vivekj at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2011 05:18:05 -0500 (EST)

I cannot reproduce this either and my mac laptop is much slower than your machine. A corrupted cache may cause the front end to produce an error or quit immediately. The most convenient way to restore the caches to their default values is to hold down  SHIFT+CTRL for Windows (SHIFT + OPTION key in Mac OS X) during Mathematica startup. This will cause the Mathematica caches and the initialization file to be rebuilt automatically.

Vivek