How to search mathgroup archives... or why does Export on linux need X?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg117490] How to search mathgroup archives... or why does Export on linux need X?
  • From: "W. Craig Carter" <ccarter at mit.edu>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2011 04:54:49 -0500 (EST)

Hello,
I believe that John Fultz answered a question like this  on mathgroup
once, but I can't find it.  Are there more clever ways to search the
archives?

I am running mathematica in a script on a linux box. I construct a
graphic and then try to export it to a .tif or .pdf.  The script hangs
with a:
"Xlib: connection to ":0.0" refused by server Xlib: No protocol
specified Can't open display ":0.0" and doesn't finish.

-------
For example,  in script.m:
graphic = Plot[Sin[x],{x,0,1}];
Export["temp.tif",graphic]