Multiple Integrals

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg117586] Multiple Integrals
  • From: schomi <jeanmichel.benkert at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 02:56:25 -0500 (EST)

Hi everybody

I'm having troubles with multiple integrals in Mathematica and hope
that you guys might be able to help me.

Calculating a multiple integral per se is not such a big deal, for
instance for n=2 the code would be of the form

Integrate[f(x, y), {x, x_min, x_max}, {y, y_min,y_max}].

What I'd like to have is a general formula for computing an intergral
in R^n, ie of the form

Integrate[f(x1, x2, ...., xn), {x1, x1_min, x1_max}, {x2,
x2_min,x2_max}, ...., {xn, xn_min, xn_max}]

The dots .... should of course be replaced by code. Is there a way to
build something of this form?

Any help would be appreciated. In case I am not making myself clear,
do not hesitate to ask question and I'll try to give you a better
explanation.

Thanks a lot!

schomi