Mathematica debugger

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg117604] Mathematica debugger
  • From: Michael Stern <nycstern at gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 06:29:07 -0500 (EST)

Can anybody point me to a useful tutorial on the Mathematica debugger? I
can make it work for toy problems, but as soon as I get to code of
meaningful complexity, the debugger seems not to work at all. I set
breakpoints and the code never pauses, even though I know the marked
functions are being reached.

Also, is it possible to set a breakpoint on a single line of a
multi-line function?

Thanks greatly,

Michael