specifying further options to NMinimize method when using NonlinearModelFit

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg117665] specifying further options to NMinimize method when using NonlinearModelFit
  • From: Alex Gittens <swiftset at gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 06:56:31 -0500 (EST)

I'm using NonlinearModelFit to fit a model with UnitStep statements in it, so my only option seems to be to use the NMinimize method (judging from the errors I get, all the other options seem to need symbolic gradient information).

The results are poor, so I'd like to specify that NonlinearModelFit use NMinimize with the Differential Evolution method. How do I go about doing that?