Filling Plots to the X-Axis for a Range of X Values

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg117749] Filling Plots to the X-Axis for a Range of X Values
  • From: Gregory Lypny <gregory.lypny at videotron.ca>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 04:18:59 -0500 (EST)

Hello everyone,

I'd like to fill a plot down to the x-axis but restrict the fill to lie between two x values, and am not sure how to do it.  For example, if I plot a parabola f[x] = x^2, with x in the range =E2=88=9210 to 10, I'd like to be able to fill to the x-axis between x = 2 and x = 7, essentially creating a filled column.  Is there any way to do that?

Regards,

Gregory