Re: Fit Gaussian function to histogram

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg117782] Re: Fit Gaussian function to histogram
  • From: "Kevin J. McCann" <Kevin.McCann at umbc.edu>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 04:02:29 -0500 (EST)

Histogram gives the plot, but if you want the actual bin counts, use
BinCounts. The mma help will give you the options to call it; I usually use

BinCounts[data,dx] in which dx is the bin width. You can also specify
all the bins with BinCounts[data,{xmin,xmax,dx}]. It is then easy to
convert the counts to probability densities.

Kevin