How can I set a dynamic global via a Locator

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg118643] How can I set a dynamic global via a Locator
  • From: "Christopher O. Young" <cy56 at comcast.net>
  • Date: Thu, 5 May 2011 05:25:46 -0400 (EDT)

I just want to set the value of some complex points via dragging locators
around. Then I want to set the corresponding positions of 3D points, with z
values adjustable via sliders.

Do I have do everything from within a single DynamicModule to do this? I'd
also like to preserve their values between sessions. Is DynamicModule the
recommended way to do this also?

The Dynamic[p] on the outside doesn't get updated via the Dynamic[p] within
DynamicModule.

Dynamic[p]

DynamicModule[
 {p = {0.5, 0.5}},