Summation of imported data

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg118898] Summation of imported data
  • From: Thomas <imadorkous at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 14 May 2011 03:10:23 -0400 (EDT)

I know what I want to do but I dont know how to implement it onto Mathematica.

What I am trying to do is create an objective function that I can get a good fit to my data points.

The function I want to minimize is:
 Cstardiff[t_, De_, dprime_] := 1 - 2 dprime Sqrt[t De/Pi]

I have two imported data sets, time1 and con1 that are in lists

So I want to do a summation from i=1 to 63, (because there is 63 terms for each imported data set), and my summation function would be:
(con1(i) - Cstardiff[time1(i), De_, 1])^2

If anyone can help me with this that would greatly appreciated!