Re: Problem with AbsoluteOptions and FullGraphics

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg118882] Re: Problem with AbsoluteOptions and FullGraphics
  • From: Peter <petsie at dordos.net>
  • Date: Sat, 14 May 2011 03:07:28 -0400 (EDT)

Am 13.05.2011 12:28, schrieb ADL:
> I am perplexed by this behavior:
>
> g = Plot3D[Sin[x y], {x, 0, 1}, {y, 0, 1}];
>
> In[]:= AbsoluteOptions[g, ImageSize]
> Out[]= {ImageSize->Automatic}
>
> In[]:= FullGraphics[g]
> Out[]= FullGraphics[...]
>
> Is there any reason why the above should not work as expected?
> (Version 8.010)
>
> ADL

Hi,

hard to find if not known, the documentation states that
"AbsoluteCurrentValue gives the same results as CurrentValue, except
that Automatic, All and related constructs are resolved to absolute values."

And indeed

     AbsoluteCurrentValue[g,ImageSize]

gives {350, 350} in this case on my system.

Peter