Re: Points conditionnal Coloring

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg118976] Re: Points conditionnal Coloring
  • From: Alexei Boulbitch <alexei.boulbitch at iee.lu>
  • Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 07:17:10 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

your idea should work. The only problem is that the argument of Hue should be between 0 and 1.
A dirty idea of doing this may be like the following:

Graphics[{Hue[(#3 - Min[dalist /. {x_, y_, z_} ->  z])/
      Max[(dalst /. {x_, y_, z_} ->  z) -
        Min[dalist /. {x_, y_, z_} ->  z]]], Point[{#1, #2}]}&  @@@
   dalist, Axes ->  {True, True}]

Try it. Have fun.

Hi,

I am trying to plot some points, and color them according to a particular Value.

dalist is of that kind : {{x1,y1,z1},{x2,y2,z2},... ,{xN, yN,zN}}

So I need a simple 2D plot where the color of the point will depend on the z value.

What I have :

Graphics[{Hue[#3], Point[{#1, #2}]}&  @@@ dalist, Axes ->  {True, True}]

Obviously this Hue[] is wrong.

Many thanks fo any help you could provide,

--
Alexei Boulbitch, Dr. habil.
Senior Scientist

IEE S.A.
ZAE Weiergewan
11, rue Edmond Reuter
L-5326 CONTERN
Luxembourg

Tel: +352 2454 2566
Fax: +352 2454 3566
Mobile: +49 (0) 151 52 40 66 44

e-mail: alexei.boulbitch at iee.lu

www.iee.lu

--

This e-mail may contain trade secrets or privileged, undisclosed or
otherwise confidential information. If you are not the intended