Re: CreateCellID

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg119315] Re: CreateCellID
  • From: David Bailey <dave at removedbailey.co.uk>
  • Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 06:35:07 -0400 (EDT)

On 29/05/2011 12:38, John Fultz wrote:

> Whether or not it becomes documented, I think the existing functionality is
> unlikely to change in any significant way, as our documentation system relies on
> the existing functionality.

Once a feature has become stable (because it is useful), I can't
understand WRI's reluctance to document it.

Because WRI engineers can access so many undocumented features, they
sometimes fail to realise the problems that users encounter.

Clearly there are undocumented features that access things that are
irrelevant to users, but I don't think this is in that category.

David Bailey
http://www.dbaileyconsultancy.co.uk