Re: sequential elements of list

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg119345] Re: sequential elements of list
  • From: fd <felipe.dimer.de.oliveira at gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 07:47:54 -0400 (EDT)

I am not entirely sure of what you want either, I guess you want
something akin to a function that takes as element of the list as
input and returns the next one - a linked list of some sort.

Let me suggest the following code

mList = {1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7};

Evaluate[f /@ mList] = RotateLeft[mList]

it may need some re-work to handle the final of the list.

with this code you can access the part n+1 by referring to part n

In[11]:= f[1]

Out[11]= 2

In[7]:= f[2]

Out[7]= 3