- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg122571] Re: InputAliases
- From: magma <maderri2 at gmail.com>
- Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2011 06:58:33 -0500 (EST)
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- References: <email@example.com>
Thank you for sharing Tom. Per se, the information is not new. Just by looking at InputAliases in the Doc Center clearly says that any expression is acceptable as an input alias. Aliasing full expressions is probably something that people do not do frequently, so it was a very useful reminder. Please note 2 things: 1- if you use the above code, you will lose the standard input aliases in your current notebook. It is better to ADD to the current InputAliases list. 2- InputAliases are linked to the notebook, so they persist even if you Quit the session or if you save/close/open the same notebook again. this is one more reason you may wish to preserve the standard InputAliases.