Re: Impossible to move objects in dynamic graphics

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg122700] Re: Impossible to move objects in dynamic graphics
  • From: DrMajorBob <btreat1 at austin.rr.com>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2011 05:57:22 -0500 (EST)

p = {-.5, 0}; q = {.5, 0};

Dynamic@Style[
   Graphics[{Text["TEXT", Dynamic[p]], AbsolutePointSize[10],
     Point[Dynamic[q]]}, PlotRange -> 1], Editable -> True]

The Text and Point are stubbornly stationary.

But wait! Neither you you mentioned that you first have to double click
the graphic!

NOW they move, and adding these:

Dynamic[p]

Dynamic[p]
{-0.317301,-0.369128}

Dynamic[q]
{0.220358,0.175242}

allows one to see where they've been dragged.

Bobby

DrMajorBob at yahoo.com